[one_full last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” hover_type=”none” link=”” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_text]Magnetic Island is the perfect holiday location with mountains, bushwalks, beaches, native animals and a whole lot more. Whether you’d like to snorkel or dive the reefs, set sail on a tall ship, play a round of golf or a game of lawn bowls, head out on a fishing or sightseeing trip, horse ride, feed native animals, be pampered, wine and dine, relax or explore. This beautiful island offers it all.
- Enjoy a great selection of green grassy parks all with BBQ facilities looking out to the sea
- Catch a brilliant sunset at Horseshoe Bay, West Point or Picnic Bay
- Grab a good book or just sit back and relax on any of the uniquely individual 23 bays and beaches
- Indulge yourself and be pampered with a massage or beauty treatment
- Full moon parties at X Base once a month
- Visit the local artists and art galleries
- Check out the many waterfalls in wet season for a great refresher
- There are 186 recorded native birds on the Island if you enjoy a bit of Bird Watching
- Endless walking tracks to be explored through the island’s National Parks
- Hire a boat and purchase tackle and bait for a DIY fishing trip
- Rent a Topless car and have some fun navigating your way around the island
- Take a trip to the Great Barrier Reef to snorkel, dive or fish
- Climb the island’s spectacular rocky outcrops
- Observe and hand feed the rock wallabies at Geoffrey Bay in Arcadia
[/fusion_text][/one_full][title size=”1″ content_align=”center” style_type=”default” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]Nelly Bay[/title][fusion_text]
- Aquascene Charters – 360° full circumnavigation tours of Magnetic Island. Private charters or join a group. ½ day and full day tours available.
- Aquasearch Aquarium – discover Marine Life Giant Clams and Nemo fish
- Endota Spa – for massage, facials, body treatments, foot scrubs, manicure, pedicure, waxing, tinting and spray tanning
- Get Around – island boat tours for up to 8 people, snorkel, fish, swim, circle the island
- Island Living Centre – local arts and crafts, antiques, jewellery, 2nd hand books/dvds, op shop
- Koko Blue – shop for casual tropical elegant garments, jewellery, gifts and shoes
- Massage on Magnetic –for massages, facials, body treatments and foot scrubs
- Magnetic Harmony + Healing – fijian hot rock, aroma touch, neck + jaw release, detox treatments, ear candling, chakra + aura balancing, remedial and relaxation massages
- Magnetic Seafaries – full day tour around the island includes morning tea and BBQ lunch, with snorkelling and fishing gear included
- Ocean Jewels Gift Boutique – a great selection of souvenirs, jewellery, soaps, candles, incense. perfumes and other wonderful gifts
- Providence V – a 62 foot classic schooner departs Nelly Bay Marina for daytime snorkelling tours (4 hrs) or sunset cruises (2 hrs)
- Self-guided Snorkel Trails Snorkel Nelly Bay and Geoffrey Bay (easy access), or snorkel the island’s fringing reefs in Arthur or Florence Bays (more remote access)
- Tropicana Guided Adventure Co. – The fun way to see all around Magnetic Island is in this luxurious stretched jeep with informative and friendly guide
- Utopia Charters – island cruises, corporate functions, sight seeing tours, parties (max 22 people) game and sport fishing,deep sea bottom fishing (max 12 people)
- Café Sorocco – Fish and Chips, Burgers, Souvlaki, Snacks + Coffee
- Man Friday Restaurant – Mexican and International cuisine. Great Steak and Seafood
- Curlew Café – Snack foods, Light meals, drinks, shakes, smoothies
- Peppers Resort – Boardwalk Restaurant – High end restaurant serving delicious International Cuisine
- Restaurant Le Paradis – Gourmet French Food at night, appetizing regular menu during the day
- Sapphire Café – For breakfast, coffee or lunch. Nestled under the mountains in 6 acres of dry tropic forest
[/fusion_text][title size=”1″ content_align=”center” style_type=”default” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]Arcadia[/title][fusion_text]
- Arcadia Hotel – Enjoy the local island live music scene, Dine at the Bistro, Enjoy a beer, Play the pokies, Place a bet on a toad at the weekly Toad Races, Pick up something special at the island markets (wed nights),
- Magnetic Island Bowling Club – opposite the beach in Geoffrey Bay, under full shade cloth, visitors are welcomed to participate and join in on game days – Tuesdays, Fridays and occasional Sundays.
Pleasure Divers – PADI beginner to Instructor dive courses available. Scuba dive and discover the local shipwrecks including the Yongala
- Stage Door Theatre Restaurant – Enjoy the gourmet three course meal and fabulous entertainment at the award winning comedy cabaret dinner show on Friday and Staurday nights.
- Arcadia Store – Well known for their large selection of gourmet food items this is Magnetic Island’s No 1. quality food specialist.
- Toes in the Water – Enjoy the authentic Italian café, pizzeria, gelataria while overlooking Geoffrey Bay
- Gilligan’s Cafe – Fully licensed, with outside tables and tropical courtyard area – delicious up market menu to suit all tastebuds.
- Hotel Arcadia – Great food at very reasonable prices. Steak, schnitzel, fish, calamri and more.
- Pip’s Cafe – Fish and Chips & Homemade pies.
- Nell’s Indonesian Food – Appetizing and tasty Indonesian food available Wednesday evenings in Arcadia
- Tamarind Tea House – Tea house in a tropical garden, under the canopy of ten Tamarind trees.
[/fusion_text][title size=”1″ content_align=”center” style_type=”default” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]Horseshoe Bay[/title][fusion_text]
- Adele’s Cafe – Gelatto, Coffee, and quick snacks.
- Adrenalin Jet Ski Tours – 90 minute tours northern side or top end of island or 3 hour tours available to circumnavigate around the island
- Barnacle Bill Fishing Tours – 2hr – 4hr tours available on a 7metre sports fishing vessel. Fully shaded deck with all fishing gear and expert tuition supplied. Fish are virtually guaranteed.
- Bungalow Bay Koala Village – Bushtucker breakfast with the Koalas, Cuddle a koala or kiss a crocodile. Hand feed the rainbow lorikeets (small colourful Australian parrots) at 4:30pm daily.
- Horseshoe Bay Ranch – Guided bush and beach tours that offer a relaxed ride with plenty of instruction for beginners and a more exciting ride for those with experience.
- Jetski Hire Magnetic Island – 3 seater, 2 seater, or single seater Jet ski, Latest model Sea-Doo Big, comfortable, easy to use and safe – No license required.
- Kate Kearns Massage Therapist – Enjoy a relaxing or therapeutic massage, Deep Tissue, Lymphatic Drainage, Reiki. Mobile service is also available.
- Magnetic Island Sea Kayaks – Discover Magnetic Island’s National and Marine Parks from the quiet of your kayak. No experience necessary as full instruction is provided.
- Reef Eco Tours – Discover Magnetic Island’s best reefs with local marine biologist Dr Andy Lewis. Guided snorkelling tours – 1 hour and 3 hours.
- Barefoot Restaurant – Art – Food – Wine all to the highest standard with the Barefoot menu having an emphasis on fresh and light.
- Café Nourish – Freshly prepared gourmet wraps and rolls. Cakes, tarts, treats, freshly squeezed juice, tea, chai and coffee
- Horseshoe Bay Fish and Chips – Burgers, Fish, Chips, Calamari, Egg and Bacon Muffins, Drinks
- Marlin Bar and Bistro – Seafood, Pasta, Pizza, Salads, and more. Restaurant and Bar
- Earlybird Cafe – Tapas bar & grill, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Noodies on the Beach – Latin Bar and café. Mexican Food, Margaritas, Beer, Wine
- Sandi’s on Magnetic Island – Local Seafood, Steaks, Roasts and more. Restaurant and Bar
[/fusion_text][title size=”1″ content_align=”center” style_type=”default” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]Picnic Bay[/title][fusion_text]
- Magnetic Island History and Craft Centre – It’s a great spot to catch up on some local island history
- MI Artspace – features a large selection of pieces from local artists
- Picnic Bay Country Club – 18 hole golf course backing onto National Park that offers all levels of ability, a challenge. Open 7 days a week, it’s the only Golf Course on the island.
- R + R Bar and Restaurant – Features a Sports Bar, TAB, Gaming Lounge, Bottle Shop, Private Function rooms
- Mamma Roma – Italian gourmet restaurant
- Magnetic Island Chinese Restaurant – Chinese Food, eat in or take away
- R + R Bar and Restaurant – Steak, Fish, Pasta, Roast and more. Al Fresco Dining or Air Conditioned comfort. Also serving fresh coffee, fine wines, premium tapped beers.
[/fusion_text][title size=”1″ content_align=”center” style_type=”default” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]West Point[/title][fusion_text]Take the 4WD road and picnic at secluded West Point – stay for the beautiful sunset
Enjoy the privacy and seclusion this beach has to offer while still being able to see Townsville just across the water – 8 kms away
For more information visit What’s On Magnetic Island as it is your best source for things to do, activities, tours, annual events plus handy info on beautiful Magnetic Island – on the Great Barrier Reef in tropical North Queensland, Australia.[/fusion_text]